Help With Time Capsule

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I just bought a 500GB Time Capsule yesterday. I got it all set up nicely, creating my own wireless network. But, then when I put my laptop to sleep and then woke it back up, the Time Capsule cannot be found. So, I used a pen and reset the Time Capsule to it's original settings. But now it looks as though I lost what I had backed up originally.

Any ideas as to why the Time Capsule cannot be recognized when I scan for it in Airport Utility?

Also, I know that it was set up and working properly because while this was happening, I could still get on the internet using my desktop PC that is connected through ethernet to the Time Capsule.

When I reset the Time Capsule, do I lose all my backed up information? It does not say that I do in the manual. Also, I was moving some music from my PC to my Mac using TC and that music is still on there, so I know that it did not clear the entire Time Capsule.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to have to reset my Time Capsule every time I leave the area or put my computer in sleep mode.

OP
UFGator
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Also, since there is no pause while backing up, does this mean that when you stop backing your files up, it just doesn't backup any of them? Do you have to complete the backup? Because on my first backup there is like 19gigs of stuff that has to be transferred and it is taking forever and I don't have time to just leave the computer sitting here transferring. So should I just wait until I do have time and then just change my preferences so that the computer doesn't go into sleep mode midway through?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.