Uninstalling Firefox 3

Reaction score
I just installed the new version of firefox and I hate it. I like the way firefox 2 looked. Is there anyway I can remove the new firefox without losing my bookmarks and whatnot? When I dragged the new firefox icon to my application folder, it replaced the old one. I hate the look of firefox 3, please help me get the old firefox back!

Thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You can throw the application in the trash and empty and it will be gone. Only thing is new Firefox has different bookmarking system. Old ones will be there and if you install FF2 it should find them.

Just do not run an Uninstaller and you will not loose all your old settings. I still have FF2 as well as 3 and both work fine.

If you put FF2 back in applications and your settings are not there, let us know as I know where FF3 keeps everything on the hard drive.

OP
S
Reaction score
So if I go into my applications folder and drag the FF icon to the trash it will get rid of FF3? I'm just worried that I'd lose all my FF settings because I replaced FF2 with FF3...what should I do?
I can't find a website that will allow me to download FF2...argh I'm so angry that I did this!
How do I put FF2 back into the applications folder? There was nothing in my trash.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks, but when I click on the link to download FF it brings me to a blank page and says "Too many connections"

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, but when I click on the link to download FF it brings me to a blank page and says "Too many connections"

I added to my message. Go back and read it. I gave you another URL. I guess lots of people are going back to FF2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
get the add on "foxmarks"....it saves all your bookmarks and you can reload them on your FF. It's nice cause it constantly keeps a backup of all your bookmarks. I wouldn't suggest ditching FF3 yet though. There will most likely be a theme at some point down the road to make it look like FF2, and there are a lot of improvements in FF3, including safety.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
why don't you like firefox 3?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.