Noise!

Reaction score
Dear Macbook users,

I am new to the Macbook. My family is all about PC, though my sister is thinking about getting one as well. I just got this Macbook no less than a month ago, but for some reason I hear noises sometimes.

I do not know if this has been posted before, sorry if it has. But, I've looked around and I've tried some of the comments posted on the topic about "Sound" or "Noise", however I don't know what this is.

I've tried Fan Control and other suggestions but nothing. Its a little humming noise, like a jet when it is about to take off. But I don't know if its the fan. I've had my fan go crazy before when using iChat with the different environments and sounds nothing like it.

Either, I am just crazy about my macbook and this is something normal, or I've misread a post somewhere else. Regardless, thank you for you time.

Sincerely,
Chewey

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 2 GB RAM
Its the fan running at a lower rpm its normal my macbook makes the same noise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 2 GB RAM
And I suggest not using fan control or any program that messes with the fan, you could damage your macbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.