Clicky noise

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm having problems with my mouse click (not an actual mouse, but the one that comes on ur mac that has the same functionality as a mouse). My little nephew squired some caprisun on my macbook, and it got under that part of my macbook.. its the only key that is not removable. so i dont know how to clean it. it makes a really annoying cricket clicky sound. any suggestions?

Reaction score
i got mine from best buy so accidental damage like that is covered. If you got the accidental coverage than i would take it in. And then give him a year long timeout or whatever punishment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB C2D 2.16, 3gb Ram, 250gb hd, 10.5.3
Sounds like like the sugar and stuff thats left over after it dried up is making the mechanical parts stick. Had this happen to my Vaio before and it eventually fades as you use it and the sugar is rubbed off. I took it apart and determined its not worth arguing with the service center about the spill and warranty coverage. Not sure if this is a good thing to do with a macbook since i've never taken one apart before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.