Installing this new version of the OS is being bad

Reaction score
I bought the new Mac OS X Leopard version and I have a problem. When I reset this computer, it shows a grey screen and I hear my CD never stopping, but the topper is the screen does not go away. As I have waited for fifteen minutes and the program should not load that long at all, I am hoping that you people will figure out why this is going on and how I could fix it. Thank you all a lot.

Sorry for the title being odd; it is being bad in reality as it will not load.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
I bought the new Mac OS X Leopard version and I have a problem. When I reset this computer, it shows a grey screen and I hear my CD never stopping, but the topper is the screen does not go away. As I have waited for fifteen minutes and the program should not load that long at all, I am hoping that you people will figure out why this is going on and how I could fix it. Thank you all a lot.

Sorry for the title being odd; it is being bad in reality as it will not load.
Could you give us some info on the Mac you are using? (model, processor, screen size, ram installed, etc..)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
so, what OS version were you running prior to trying to install Leopard?

What kind of machine is this on?

edit - weird! this thread goes untouched for over eight hours and then soulwar and i hit it at the same time ;)

OP
F
Reaction score
so, what OS version were you running prior to trying to install Leopard?

What kind of machine is this on?

edit - weird! this thread goes untouched for over eight hours and then soulwar and i hit it at the same time ;)

I had Tiger and this is a Mac mini I am getting the upgrade to.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
if you reboot without the Leopard disk now, does it start Tiger?

did you do the key combo to boot from the combo/super drive - i think it's cmd+C as the machine starts, you can check your manual to be sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.