keyboard problem

Reaction score
Hi, I badly need help to solve this problem. The spacebar on my keyboard is mapped to backslash and CAPS LOCK is mapped to character "P". Also, the keys ";" and "'" are mapped to each other. I do not know how this happened but its creating a lot of problem. Whenever I press spacebar it prints backslash and same for other mapped keys. Please help me remove this mapping. For example:

/this /is /what /I /get /when /I /am /typING;'AND /Please /help /ME /SOLVE /Pthis /problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011 15" 2.0Ghz (hi-res, Momentus XT). 32GB iPhone 4.
you forgot the capitals in problem.. shouldn't it be pROBLEM seeming the p turns your caps lock back on?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i believe there is a keyboard .plist file (can't check for sure since i'm at work on XP right now). if you can find it, rename it and restart your mac.

if that works, delete the old plist file, if it does not, you can either keep the new one or put the old one back.

Reaction score
SAME /Problem!

Hi, I badly need help to solve this problem. The spacebar on my keyboard is mapped to backslash and CAPS LOCK is mapped to character "P". Also, the keys ";" and "'" are mapped to each other. I do not know how this happened but its creating a lot of problem. Whenever I press spacebar it prints backslash and same for other mapped keys. Please help me remove this mapping. For example:

/this /is /what /I /get /when /I /am /typING;'AND /Please /help /ME /SOLVE /Pthis /problem.

]
\]was /this /ever /sorted /out ? / /I;'m /having /the /same /pROBLEM /=(

(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.