New Guy in the Mac World

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Well I got my MacBook Pro back in Feb/Mar and have been loving it ever since! It's true what they say; "Once you go Mac you never go back!" I am in the Army and am stationed here in San Antonio, TX though originally from VA. I am pretty savvy in terms of electronics and figuring stuff out, no major snaffus (sp?) so far w/ the Mac but I know I am quite a ways off from tapping in to it's full potential.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Good to see new people here!

Also, another great "unknown" Mac quote:

You don't work on a Mac, you work with it.

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid'09 MBP; 2.53GHz; 8GB RAM; OS X 10.8.2 | 2G iPod Touch 32GB | iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 16GB | iPad Air
...I know I am quite a ways off from tapping in to it's full potential.
exactly how I feel after 6 months, but instead of disappointed, I feel excited about it.
still so much to learn!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Yeah, when I bought my macbook pro I thought it was going to be better than Vista for sure, but I never expected it to be this awesome!

Reaction score
I am constantly surprised how smooth OS X is. It's snappy, unobtrusive, and allows me to do what I need to do. I don't feel the need to fight with it at all. Plus, this iMac is just beautiful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
I'm now about 5 months in to my Mac "experiment". What started out as a complimentary machine to my collection of Windows XP / Vista / Linux boxes has turned into a wholesale replacement program for me. Replaced my primary WinXP development box with a Mac Pro, upgraded the still new MacBook to a MacBook Pro so that my daughter could have my MacBook...

Best tech decision I've made in many years was to buy that little MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17", 1920x1200 matte LED display, 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB 5400RPM HDD, 512MB VRAM
I am constantly surprised how smooth OS X is. It's snappy, unobtrusive, and allows me to do what I need to do. I don't feel the need to fight with it at all. Plus, this iMac is just beautiful.

That's exactly how I feel. Since moving to a Mac I find myself working more with the operating system and not against it like I was with Vista.

When working with OS X I'll sometimes say to myself "this just can't be that easy" because Vista made even the simplest things difficult.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.