Watching movies

Reaction score
This is a very elementary question for you all, but I honestly can't find the answer.

Recent circumstance require that I purchase another PC or MAC. I've been looking at the MACs for the first time, specifically the iMac and wanted to know if you can watch DVD movies on them.

Every search seems to pull up movie editing, which the MAC appears to excel at. Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT
yes you can...Mac OS has DVD player application in which you can watch dvds right out of the box unlike PCs...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I purchase another PC or MAC. I've been looking at the MACs for the first time, specifically the iMac and wanted to know if you can watch DVD movies on them.

Absolutely, I've just finished watching a dvd movie on my eMac. What's more, there's a good third-party video viewing application called VLC. I've noticed that a significant number of Mac people prefer this to Apple's proprietary DVD Player application.

Go iMac - you won't regret it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.