Could a (2.4 or 2.5 ghz) MacBook Pro user check this out?

Reaction score
I just got my new macbook pro last saturday. I hear a little clicking type scrolling ipod scrolling type noise over by the eject button or the delete key when scrolling up and down in itunes, (thats where it is the most noticable.) I took it in because i was worried and the geniuses at the mac store said they didn't notice anything out of the norm. But could someone who has a 2.4 or 2.5 ghz macbook pro, put there ear up to the delete key and then use the scroll bar and scroll up and down in itunes through your music and see if you here the little scrolling type noise. It's not from the speakers I think because I still here it when they are muted when I scroll. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature...
I just got my new macbook pro last saturday. I hear a little clicking type scrolling ipod scrolling type noise over by the eject button or the delete key when scrolling up and down in itunes, (thats where it is the most noticable.) I took it in because i was worried and the geniuses at the mac store said they didn't notice anything out of the norm. But could someone who has a 2.4 or 2.5 ghz macbook pro, put there ear up to the delete key and then use the scroll bar and scroll up and down in itunes through your music and see if you here the little scrolling type noise. It's not from the speakers I think because I still here it when they are muted when I scroll. Thanks.

Hi there,
i have the 2.4GHZ MacBook Pro and i did exactly what you were talking about, i didnt hear any clicking noise.

thank you
Mohammed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
No clicking here either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
none here either.

OP
W
Reaction score
are you sure? I don't here the noise in bootcamp when I'm browsin or scrollin. Just listen really carefully and scroll up and down in itunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature...
are you sure? I don't here the noise in bootcamp when I'm browsin or scrollin. Just listen really carefully and scroll up and down in itunes.

i have Vmware fusion and i dont hear any of the noises you are talking about!

take it back to the apple store and see if they can help you with this matter again!

good luck. let us know please.

mohammed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
I hear it very quietly i have a 2.4 mbp only in itunes too....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I work in a lab all day, I'm probably just too deaf to hear it ;)

OP
W
Reaction score
I hear it very quietly i have a 2.4 mbp only in itunes too....

glad to here someone heres it so I know I'm not crazy or something. My moms fiance put his ear right up to it and couldn't here it which i thought was rediculous as I notice it when i put my ear up, so maybe some people just don't here it.. but thank you for all your feedback. If anyone else heres this it would be settling to know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
yo roffir, do you here it a little bit when playing youtube videos to?

no i don't only in itunes but it's very clear to hear in itunes and it has nothing to do with the speakers i think....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.