so im getting an ibook

N

newmacuser07

This is my first post btw...

anyways Im excited to say that i will be getting an Ibook shortly and im excited to make the change from pc.

Im planning on getting a 12in ibook but theres a few upgrades i want to do.

through CompUSA if i get an applecare protection plan i get a free 256mb stick of ram :) so thats done for memory.

I want to upgrade the hard drive to 80gb. Heres my question. Can I use any 2.5" mobile HD with my ibook? This would be cheaper than buying one from apple but, how difficult is it to install OSX and such back onto the computer.

I have one more question. instead of office which i don't really want to spend the money on, what programs are there that are good programs that i can use instead of word, excel, and powerpoint. Also comptibility between office and the program would be great..i dunno if its possible or if i should just get office.

Thats all I have for now...

OP
M

mangoSharingan

OpenOffice.org is free and a great alternative to Microsoft Office.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
For all office type apps I just use Appleworks. Everything is there!! Neatest spreadsheet I have ever seen!

OP
C

code777

agree, appleworks works like a charm although i still do prefer MS Word/Excel but no biggie.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.