iLife Missing after clean install of OS X

Reaction score
Okay basically i got my macbook in december it had Tiger on it.
Around 2 months ago i bought leopard disc. it installed everything was fine.
I had a problem with my mac which the only resolution to this problem was for it to be completely formatted. i was annoyed i got over it so i basically got given back a new Macbook.

I just noticed i dont have iLife any more?
when i got my macbook iLife was included, after i installed Leopard i had iLife.
I was wondering knows why i dont any more? the guy at pc world (where i bought my mac and where i got it fixed) said i would have all my original applications.

If anyone could help out and let me know if i should have iLife or not please.

Joe
x

EDIT: also photo booth keeps only saving random amounts of time of videos i record :S
il record a 2 minute video and it will save 30 seconds...​

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Joe,

Let's see if I understand everything correctly.

1) You bought a Macbook in December with Tiger on it.
2) You bought Leopard and installed it (which turned out fine).
3) You had some kind of problem which caused you (or someone) to reformat and try installing Leopard again. What was the problem that prompted you to do this?

I believe that your lack of iLife has a good explanation. When you originally installed Leopard, you did an upgrade type install, so all of your programs and documents remained intact. When you had your Macbook serviced, they did a format and install which means that you were given a computer with the operating system and no accompanying software.

If that is the case, the original cd/dvd(s) that came with your Macbook will have your iLife suite ready for install.

I don't know much about the Photo Booth problem though, but perhaps someone else does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good call, thanks cwa.

OP
X
Reaction score
If that is the case, the original cd/dvd(s) that came with your Macbook will have your iLife suite ready for install.

so would i have to use my tiger disc which came with my macbook or my leopard disc to get ilife back on my macbook?
is there an option on the disc to just install iLife or will i have to install the whole os?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To install the iLife that came with your Macbook originally, insert your Tiger Installation Disk (if you have more than one, insert the first one). Within the disk, there should be a shortcut to "Install Bundled Software Only". Using that, you can install all of the original software that came on your Mac without replacing Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a problem, let us know if it doesn't work out.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Excellent help walmartconnect!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.