Safari Problem

Reaction score
Hey all am having a problem with safari in the fact that i am trying to email either the contents of a web page or a link to the web page directly from safari and an error message appears which is

Safari couldn’t create an email message to send the link because it couldn’t locate an email application.

You can use the Mail application included with Mac OS X to send email. To do so, you might need to install Mail using the Mac OS X installation CDs.

I have mail installed so this is completely confusing

Any ideas

Lee

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of OSX are you running? Using 10.5.3 here and it works perfectly. Do you have mail configured to send and receive mail?

OP
L
Reaction score
Using 10.5.3 here and yes I am using mail otherwise i wouldn't have mentioned trying to email link through mail

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Hey all am having a problem with safari in the fact that i am trying to email either the contents of a web page or a link to the web page directly from safari and an error message appears which is

Safari couldn’t create an email message to send the link because it couldn’t locate an email application.

You can use the Mail application included with Mac OS X to send email. To do so, you might need to install Mail using the Mac OS X installation CDs.

I have mail installed so this is completely confusing

Any ideas

Lee
Mine has always been the same when using Safari, I now use Firefox3 and it works well when sending a link or web page, it opens my email with no problems.
I find Firefox faster than Safari as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.