Mouse/Trackpad problem - iBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
I finally got tired of using the trackpad on my new iBook (14 inch, 900, 640, 40) so I purchased an Apple mouse. It works fine, except for one problem. In System Preferences, I selected the two options "Ignore trackpad while typing" and "Ignore trackpad when mouse is present". However, neither of these has any effect, and the trackpad continues to work while the mouse is plugged in or when I am typing. Has anyone else had this problem with a notebook Mac? Am I doing something wrong?

OP
Padawan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Well, I just answered my own question. According to the support section on Apple's website, this is a known issue that has yet to be resolved. Oh well, at least I know it isn't just my computer or mouse.

N

ninatim

The question is when will the trackpad work?

Hey there, so the question for me is when will Apple get the trackpads to work? I find it pretty lame that we spent the $ to get the ibook and then have to plug in a mouse to get it to work in an acceptable manner. I don't know if you have been checking out the Apple discussion boards but A LOT of people are having this problem, and I have not heard one peep from Apple about what they plan to do to fix it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.