Recording Software?

Reaction score
Im looking for some Recording software for my Mac (G3 iBook, Dual Usb's), and I'm having great difficulty in finding what i want.

My ideal setup would be Logic Pro 6, but i cant find a copy of it anywhere. And i cant find anything thats similar. So i was wondering if any of you guys know any sort of programs that would suit my needs?

Oh, I'm in the UK if that helps

Cheers, Joe

P.S The iBook is the 800mhz version, with 640mb of ram. Only has a CD drive though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook, 2.2Ghz, 2GB, 160GB HDD
Hmmm, Logic would be your best bet, I suppose you've tried eBay and a google search?

Are you going to run an interface as well? So you can record more than 2 tracks?

OP
I
Reaction score
Yeah, tried both, but to no avail. I have however found a program called Digital Performer (Version 4). Looks fairly decent to me.

And no, i wont be "recording" 2+ tracks onto it at the same time. I will be ferrying separate tracks from my VF16 onto this for further mixing (EQ, FX's, Midi synths etc). With maybe the odd overdub/quick demo, but nothing too memory hungry.

At the moment though, I'm really wondering if i should just bite the bullet, and get a more powerful laptop for Graphics/Music production. I just don't know if i can justify spending £600-£1000 on a Mac.

Anyway, yeah what do you think of Digital Performer? Have you even heard of it?

Thanks!

Reaction score
That laptop isn't well suited for recording. I would upgrade if you wanna do any serious work on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro -- 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo / 2 GB Ram / 320GB HD -- iPhone 3G Black 16GB
digital performer is a good program. Get the motu 8 pre interface also. they are both amazing.

Reaction score
I like Logic Pro but wonder if there is a program that is specific to techno and dance beat type music?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro -- 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo / 2 GB Ram / 320GB HD -- iPhone 3G Black 16GB
I use Reason for techno type stuff. Or you can try Ableton Live, i've never used it but its for the techno genre i believe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.