i think they're watching me

Reaction score
How can I tell if my online activity even computer use is being monitored?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook mid level 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 120gb HD
If your talking about a job watching you, it's very likely that they are. Unless you are very good with computers, you may not be able to tell. Just take it for granted you are being watched, and just tow the line with a work computer.

OP
K
Reaction score
IMac-Knight
Thanks for your reply -but it's the reverse scenario-- I AM the boss but I'm ignorant of clever techie tricks.
I'm trying to find out if there's software that can alert me --somehow....

got an escalating feeling of paranoia :-(

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
IMac-Knight
Thanks for your reply -but it's the reverse scenario-- I AM the boss but I'm ignorant of clever techie tricks.
I'm trying to find out if there's software that can alert me --somehow....

got an escalating feeling of paranoia :-(

Thanks for your help
Bribe the IT guy and get him on your side.
The usual stuff will work: new computer, better parking spot or strip club vouchers...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 12" iBook G4, 14" iBook G4 running Ubuntu 7.10
You can't. If you want to see what is running on your system, open a terminal and type

ps aux

that will show you a list of running processes/apps.

That however is only one way of watching what you are doing. They could be monitoring your internet use in a variety of ways that you will not be able to detect.

If you are really really concerned, you should just get rid of who you think may be doing this. Your a boss...use your powers of evil!! Conversely, if you have superiors that you think may have ordered this surveillence, you may want to look at what you are doing (not to imply that you are actually doing anything wrong).

Sorry if the answer is a bit disjointed, still working on my first cup of coffee this morning

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.