MacBook won't turn on

Reaction score
hey everyone i just joined this forum now, after about a month of agony i decided to hit the forums to see if anyone as had the same problem and maybe a solution. About a month ago i turned my macbook off and it did not turn back on, i took it to the tech guys at school and they sent it away, i got it back and it turned on, but i closed my macbook and when i opened it again it wouldnt come out of sleep, so i turned it off and tried to turn it back on, but it didnt turn back on, 3 days later it turned back on, but i couldnt wait everytime i wanted it on for indefinite periods of time, so i took it to the tech guys again and they sent it away again but the problem persisted, so yet again they sent it away again and got it back but they said the shop found nothing wrong with it, my major problem is sometimes it wont turn on, even if it is fully charged and if the charger is in, im not that savvy with macs so i have only tried a few things such as take the battery out put it back in after 30 seconds, but that hasnt work, ive run out of ideas, can anybody help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
Tech guys at schools know very little about deeper level problems, as a broad generalization. You need to take your Mac to an Apple Store and have a Genius look at it. Apple's own tech support is much more reliable.

OP
T
Reaction score
yeah but if i take it to a apple store, im gonna have to pay for it, the school tech guys send it to some mac place and thats free

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
yeah but if i take it to a apple store, im gonna have to pay for it, the school tech guys send it to some mac place and thats free
well... it does not look like that is working for you... ;)

Is your macbook out of warrenty...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM

To my knowledge, the Genius Bar doesn't charge just for looking. And if your laptop is still under warranty, then you definitely won't pay for anything. This is why having an AppleCare plan is a good idea. How old is your Mac?

At any rate, the school tech guys clearly don't know what they're talking about, because nothing's getting fixed. Apple knows best how its computers run, so a problem like this is easiest handled by them.

Reaction score
IT Dept's are crap. Take it to an Apple store and tell them to either fix it or replace it. If its not coming on because of hardware, Applecare should fix it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.