iSight problems

Reaction score
I finally got my brand new blackbook today. Every once and awhile, my isight doesnt work in photo booth. It just shows a black screen. Apple support says that i have to hold shift+control+alt to reset a chip which in turn resets the isight. is this a common problem for other macbooks? Should I send it in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Mine once stopped working for a week or two and then suddenly started working again - I've heard of that happening a few times, but not quite what you are describing.

Does holding those keys work? If it's a persistent problem I think I would consider getting Apple to look at it.

OP
tsaxplaya34
Reaction score
yea it works. it has failed to work probably 3 out of the 5 times i've turned my macbook on. im just hoping this doesnt happen forever...considering this is a brand new computer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Kick up a fuss and take it back - you're right, it is a brand new computer and it should work every time you want to use it.

Reaction score
I have a similar problem at times. Every once in a while if I boot up my macbook without the power cable plugged in, the isight light turns on and stays on but isight doesn't work. when I reboot with the power cable attached, everything works fine. This behavior is not always reproducible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.