Transfering data from iPhone to iPhone 3G

Reaction score
I need to back up the data from my iPhone because I'm getting the new iPhone 3G when it comes out. I don't know how much stuff will be saved on my SIM card, I have all my music in iTunes ok, but what about my contacts and bookmarks and settings?

I know you can sync your contacts and bookmarks, but I don't use the applications you're supposed to sync them from...

I was just wondering if there's an easy way to go about it, besides documenting everything by hand or putting all my bookmarks and contacts into Internet Explorer and Outlook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
iPhone automatically syncs contacts with Outlook. Bookmarks with internet explorer. So the moment you sync your new iPhone, it will also have the same bookmarks and contacts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm sure with the new iPhone will be some iTunes update which will include an option to use your old iPhone backup and load it onto the new one. Apple is pretty good about hitting the finer points like that. And it's the least they can do for people who are potentially dropping upwards of $800 on just their phones in a year's time.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm sure with the new iPhone will be some iTunes update which will include an option to use your old iPhone backup and load it onto the new one. Apple is pretty good about hitting the finer points like that. And it's the least they can do for people who are potentially dropping upwards of $800 on just their phones in a year's time.

You're not kidding XD
But you're right about Apple, they [almost] always think about the consumer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.