If you can fix this unfixable issue then seriously gold stars all around o.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wut? imac erm OS X tiger...i think
Okay I fixed all my other problems except this one which no one even attempted to give advice on last time (maybe it was in the wrong area I dunno)but I'm beggining to think it's just unsolvable.

My computer has issues, well maybe it's my browser. I have firefox i also have safari and did have opera this issue applies to all these browsers except internet explorer but because I can't find an update for that most websites don't except it.

My browser just quits automatically on certain pages "unexpectedly" it's not unexpected I know which pages it'll do it on because it's always the same ones. It did it on my bebo homepage so I got round it by skipping straight to my profile this quitting unexpectedly "spreads" to other webpages I use sometimes. It used to do it all then time on one page but now it's on another instead.

i've cleared my cookies and cache repeatedly I've tried to update java and things like that. Some pages stop quitting unexpectedly if I turn my java off but it's becoming difficult to functon because a lot of websites have flash buttons that then don't work.

It's doing my head in please I beg you display your mac prowess and help Q.Q

Here's one of the thingy reports it made when it quit from my facebook (have pity i need the facebook to help me get closer with some guy from college XD)

See attachment

View attachment error.txt

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Can you give us an example of one of the sites? Just a cursory guess, but I'll bet they all use Flash and it's actually Flash causing each of the browsers to crash. If that's the case, you may just need to update Flash.

OP
Mozzul-san
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you give us an example of one of the sites? Just a cursory guess, but I'll bet they all use Flash and it's actually Flash causing each of the browsers to crash. If that's the case, you may just need to update Flash.

You'll love this =/ I updated flash and i thought mhh hopefully this will wokr but I'm sure i've done this before...

I updated it and then it took me to the flash website and it QUIT UNEXPECTEDLY

Mhh example sites Bebo, Facebook, Myspace err Veoh a load of video sites that kinda stuff and I know I look at a lot of networking sites but I do use the internet for other stuff I promise ^_^;

Also thankyou person who put the error report in a little file thingy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Make sure you have current versions of any video codecs you have installed. Simply installing Perian may do the trick.

If that doesn't work, then you may have something in your user or root library that is incompatible with your version of OS X. Try Perian first and see if that helps. If not, then we'll go on a bug hunt.

EDIT: make sure all your Internet plug-ins are current also... not just Flash.

Reaction score
Looking at the crash log it "seems" to be a flash problem. Try completely removing flash and reinstalling the latest version.
Also remove the DivX codec from /Library/Quicktime and install Perian as mentioned above. (probably not the problem but Perian works better and does more).

OP
Mozzul-san
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I uninstalled flash and everything works fine I got rid of quicktime but it wasn't where it should have been well i don't think.

Unfortunately I can't readd flash because the problem comes back...

Are there any alternatives?

Reaction score
I got rid of quicktime but it wasn't where it should have been well i don't think.

I hope you don't mean that? You need Quicktime.
Look in /Library/Quicktime and see what's there. That's the root dir, not your home library.
List here what is there. Probably wouldn't hurt to list what's in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins also.

OP
Mozzul-san
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hope you don't mean that? You need Quicktime.
Look in /Library/Quicktime and see what's there. That's the root dir, not your home library.
List here what is there. Probably wouldn't hurt to list what's in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins also.

You told me to replace quicktime with perian?

I looked in library? You mean as in the folder with the books on? Cos I don't have another library folder. There has never been a quicktime folder in there and the pulgins are just my history and msn contacts.

So I now have no flash or quicktime T.T the internet sucks without them.
I mean I can reinstall quicktime that wasn't a problem but flash is?

God I'm so confused.

I just went on a different facebook page and in quit unexpectedly again but i don't have flash installed anymore? I looked through the error report and it was complaining about flash still. I mean has it not uninstalled properly? I tired again and it spread back to the homepage the whole thing is whigning about flash again and it's not there anymore! Is there an invisible flash hiding somewhere? Also can you tell me why my Macintosh HD icon has gone invisible I think I must of deleted something important...

Thanks for all your help so far ^_^

Reaction score
Ok, first I did not tell you to remove Quicktime. Read my post again.
Second, flash will not be in "your" Library folder. Click on your hard drive icon in Finder, you will see Applications, Library, System and Users. Click on Library, scroll down and you will see Internet Plug-ins. This is where Flash is.

Don't worry about Quicktime right now. That was just a suggestion, to remove the DivX codec for Perian. It's not necessary for the browser to work. If you removed Quicktime, reinstall it.

When you removed Flash, did you use an uninstaller or did you just delete files?

As far as your drive icon...go to Applications, scroll down to Utilities and run Disk Utility. First do a verify drive and then do a Repair Permissions. Should fix things.

Be very careful what you delete. If you don't know what it is, leave it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Oh my gawd.... sorry I'm late returning to this thread.

EDIT: Nevermind what I typed before in this reply... I'm bowing out of the thread here. I'm sure cradom can get you fixed back up, and trying to listen to multiple people will just make things more confusing. Good luck.

OP
Mozzul-san
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, first I did not tell you to remove Quicktime. Read my post again.
Second, flash will not be in "your" Library folder. Click on your hard drive icon in Finder, you will see Applications, Library, System and Users. Click on Library, scroll down and you will see Internet Plug-ins. This is where Flash is.

Don't worry about Quicktime right now. That was just a suggestion, to remove the DivX codec for Perian. It's not necessary for the browser to work. If you removed Quicktime, reinstall it.

When you removed Flash, did you use an uninstaller or did you just delete files?

As far as your drive icon...go to Applications, scroll down to Utilities and run Disk Utility. First do a verify drive and then do a Repair Permissions. Should fix things.

Be very careful what you delete. If you don't know what it is, leave it.

It's okay quicktime didn't delete aI think it escaped by sitting in my dock os something.

and i got HD to become visable again it was just an alias thing.

Myinternetplugins.jpg

^ That's the folder flash isn't there cos it's uninstalled at the moment shockwave is what is in the disabled file.

I used an uninstaller to get rid of flash. it's working okaii now becos i reinstalled to watch a video then uninstalled again so i dont think it'll quit unexpectedly again but i dont know i dont trust the uninstaller.

Either way i need flash and i cant keep reinstalling and uninstalling it =/

Oh my gawd.... sorry I'm late returning to this thread.

EDIT: Nevermind what I typed before in this reply... I'm bowing out of the thread here. I'm sure cradom can get you fixed back up, and trying to listen to multiple people will just make things more confusing. Good luck.

thankyou for your help anyways ^_^

Reaction score
It looks like you "might" be missing some plugins.
Here is what is in my folder:

DRM Plugin.bundle
Disabled Plug-Ins
Flash Player.plugin
Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.plugin
Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.webplugin
Java Applet Plugin Enabler*
Java Applet.plugin
JavaPluginCocoa.bundle
NP-PPC-Dir-Shockwave*
NPSVG3.zip
NPSVG3Carbon
NPSVG3ReadMe.html
Quartz Composer.webplugin/
QuickTime Plugin.plugin/
RealPlayer Plugin
RealPlayer Plugin.xpt
VerifiedDownloadPlugin.plugin
flashplayer.xpt
nsIQTScriptablePlugin.xpt

Specifically, QuartzComposer and Verified Download. I could be wrong, depends on your system.

In any case, if a fresh download and install of Flash does not work, you might be looking at an archive and install of the system.

OP
Mozzul-san
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It looks like you "might" be missing some plugins.
Here is what is in my folder:

DRM Plugin.bundle
Disabled Plug-Ins
Flash Player.plugin
Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.plugin
Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.webplugin
Java Applet Plugin Enabler*
Java Applet.plugin
JavaPluginCocoa.bundle
NP-PPC-Dir-Shockwave*
NPSVG3.zip
NPSVG3Carbon
NPSVG3ReadMe.html
Quartz Composer.webplugin/
QuickTime Plugin.plugin/
RealPlayer Plugin
RealPlayer Plugin.xpt
VerifiedDownloadPlugin.plugin
flashplayer.xpt
nsIQTScriptablePlugin.xpt

Specifically, QuartzComposer and Verified Download. I could be wrong, depends on your system.

In any case, if a fresh download and install of Flash does not work, you might be looking at an archive and install of the system.

mhh i looked for quartz composer it's a disk thing tht comes with it didnt with mine so i presume mine didnt need it, also it's for making screensavers and dvd graphic or summit.

the second one i could even find =/

What's an archive and install? (remember im bird brained lol so make it into very very simple steps XD)

OP
Mozzul-san
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Oh no! that's like giving poor Carmen a brain transplant T.T you mean i shud reinstall my OSX? Omg omg omg O.O i can't believe it's come to this...

is there a way of choosing wats archived becos a lot of this crap i'd be happy to be rid of. Firefox caught a spyware it's now completely disabled lol.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Oh no! that's like giving poor Carmen a brain transplant T.T you mean i shud reinstall my OSX? Omg omg omg O.O i can't believe it's come to this...

is there a way of choosing wats archived becos a lot of this crap i'd be happy to be rid of. Firefox caught a spyware it's now completely disabled lol.

Basically, in an "Archive & Install", all of your files, documents and applications are saved, the underlying OS is archived into a separate folder and a clean install goes in its place. So, in effect, it's doing a reinstall without actually scrubbing your hard disk.

Reaction score
Heh, you guys beat me to it. Was going to give the link and tell him/her to print it out.

OP
Mozzul-san
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
her*

Well thanks for your help I found a trojan horse trotting around his system i deleted it ofc but i think the damage has already been done because it hasn't fixed or maybe there are trojan ponies running around somewhere that the anti spyware thing couldn't find i don't know.

Shutting the stable door after it's bolted tbh =/

Well thanks for your help i guess he'll have to have an archive install. I'll probs get my dad to do it he breaks things slightly less than me.

Thankyou bye *waves*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.