Safari 3.0 or Firefox 3.0?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac, Retina 5K, 3.6 GHz, 64 GB Memory, 2 TB storage
On a Mac using Leopard...Why one or the other? Does the new Firefox release make a difference?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Try them both.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Both are free, both can live co-herently on a system use em both !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Firefox for me! For the life of me cannot get Google on Safari to do a local Australian search.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Firefox for me! For the life of me cannot get Google on Safari to do a local Australian search.

That is interesting. I wonder if I can try that from here in California? Harry, when you say you can not get google search from Australia to work, do you mean as an integrated part in Safari?

I use Inquisitor with Safari. You can set Google Au to be default search in Safari from the Inquisitor preferences. Did it here and it works perfectally!!

Like the one poster said, Try them both!! I love Safari but there are some rare sites that do not get along with it. For those I use Firefox and the new one for me at least is quite a bit better than V2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dtravis when using Google in Firefox brings up the search for world wide with a button directly underneath entry bar 'Search Australia only', so you get the two options. With Safari only world search which means au entries are well, well down. Don't think Apple thinks too much about outside North American market so Firefox for me.

For example last night we had the FIRST Apple retail store open in Australia.

And first iPhone will be available 17 July.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
dtravis when using Google in Firefox brings up the search for world wide with a button directly underneath entry bar 'Search Australia only', so you get the two options. With Safari only world search which means au entries are well, well down. Don't think Apple thinks too much about outside North American market so Firefox for me.

For example last night we had the FIRST Apple retail store open in Australia.

And first iPhone will be available 17 July.

Interesting option there in Firefox. Will have to check into that.

I get all the AU results at the top of the search if I use inquisitor.

I have a friend in Australia and got some interesting Pics and news on the new Apple store there! Very cool they finally opened an Apple Store there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Know about Inquisitor but that site:au nonsense would get to me lol.

Prefer to go to Google in Firefox, type info in, and if necessary hit "search World' or 'Search Australia' button. Get the best 'of both worlds' if you follow?

MUGs here are full of rumors with the Sydney Apple Store opening, and others planned in capital cities, the Apple Resellers are to be forced out. I am halfway between Sydney and Brisbane and whilst complaint about 80 miles round trip to nearest reseller, 700 miles will be worse.

No doubt the online sales will be pushed hard but that don't help if you have service problems or warranty faults.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.