• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Maximum Content Issue!!

Reaction score
hey!! i am trying to make a movie on IDVD, and im finished it!! But it wont let me burn my dvd to a disk because of Maximum Content Issues. The movie that i filmed yesterday, was only 759.1MB, and on idvd it is saying that it is 4.226GB!!!! Here is the statistics:

Project:
- total project duration: 146:29 minutes
- total project capacity: 4.948 GB (max. available: 4.172 GB)

Menus:
- number of menus in project: 4 menus
- total menu duration: 12:51 minutes
- total menu capacity: 738 MB

Movies:
- total movies duration: 133:38 minutes
- total movies capacity: 4.226 GB

If any of you could help me figure this out, or tell me what i can do that would be great!!

Thanks in advance
Mike

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
On a single layer disk you will only have 4.2 GBs available as you see. On a dual layer disk you have 7.7 GBs available. Also I believe there might be a 2 hour limit in iDVD. You can try changing the encoding method to best performance or high quality. That may reduce the size of your final project.

OP
S
Reaction score
i have a dvd+r disk... it still doesn't work.. i need to make the idvd memory smaller as it only holds up to 4.172 GB

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You will most likely need to reduce the total time to less that 2 hours. And also look at using either best performance or high quality for encoding.

OP
S
Reaction score
the movie is 2 hours and thirtenn minutes... and it is at professional quality (the highest you can go)... but how do i cut out the credits i made.. and the starting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro (early '08), 2.6 dual core duo, 2 gb ram, 200 gb 7200 rpm hd, running Leopard
Either make a personal choice and figure out where to trim 13 minutes or upgrade to a more advanced DVD authoring program. I recommend DVD Studio Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.