Tips on buying a used MacBook

Reaction score
I wanted to buy a macbook first, but after looking through craiglist I decided to look at a macbook pro. However, I have never bought a use computer. Also I have never even use a apple computer in my life. Is there any tips you guys can give me to look for so I won't get rip off. There are two sellers selling both 17" macbook pro. One is 2.5ghz and the other is 2.6ghz with 4gb of ram for both and 200gb at 7200rpm for both as well. I'm a little skeptical because they both go for under $1500. They're different sellers though.

Is there anyway I can check on the battery? Also how can I call apple to make sure it's not stolen and still has warranty. Where do I go to to check if the specs on the computer matches the specs he posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
If you are looking to play it "really" safe with buying used, you are better off buying directly from the Apple website. That way you'll get the same warranty as if you were buying new. Just my opinion though. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.