Question about PRODUCT KEY for MS Office for Mac

Reaction score
I have a problem. My MacBook's hard drive crapped out the other day and I lost everything off of it. I didn't have anything backed up except for some files on stick. Anyways, I'm trying to reinstall MS Office '04 and I can't find the Product Key. Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can recover it from? Maybe there's somewhere online that I can recover that particular key from when I registered it? GOOD GRAVY, I'm just trying to avoid having to buy MS Office again. Thanks for the help.

- Jim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
I Had this problem the other day with 2008 and the only thing you can do is re-install and re-enter the key sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
You can call MS and they will give you another key...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have a problem. My MacBook's hard drive crapped out the other day and I lost everything off of it. I didn't have anything backed up except for some files on stick. Anyways, I'm trying to reinstall MS Office '04 and I can't find the Product Key. Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can recover it from? Maybe there's somewhere online that I can recover that particular key from when I registered it? ****, I'm just trying to avoid having to buy MS Office again. Thanks for the help.

- Jim

The key should be on the outside of your Office 2004 disc case, assuming you purchased the physical media.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.