• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Gonna get a tattoo

T

todd51

Was wondering what you think of this design? I'm gonna get my zodiac sign (Aries) on my back in a couple of weeks or so. I have to go around and look at some places to decide where I want to get it. I think I'm gonna buy this design from TattooFinder.com

http://www.tattoofinder.com/find_tattooDB.asp

I really like having the symbol more than a ram's head or something. I like how clean and simple it is. Your opinions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
The link didn't go to any picture for me so I don't know what it looks like, but honestly I wouldn't buy it.

If thats what you want, print out the free proof copy that's on the site and have the tattoo artist redraw it. There is no reason to waste money on that website when the artist will probably want to redraw it anyways. Plus, if you get it exactly like that you will have the same tattoo that everybody else has that printed off that picture.

My advice is to take that as a resource to your artist and let them come up with a custom piece for you. I think you'll be a lot happier that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
The link didn't go to any picture for me so I don't know what it looks like, but honestly I wouldn't buy it.

If thats what you want, print out the free proof copy that's on the site and have the tattoo artist redraw it. There is no reason to waste money on that website when the artist will probably want to redraw it anyways. Plus, if you get it exactly like that you will have the same tattoo that everybody else has that printed off that picture.

My advice is to take that as a resource to your artist and let them come up with a custom piece for you. I think you'll be a lot happier that way.

Deffo agree with this, all my tattoos have been designed by me discussing it with the artist i go to and then he will draw something for me and we will decide if its the right way to go, its a long process but i have custom designs that are mine only. Although i do have one tattoo that isnt custom but its too awesome to ruin by customisation!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Here is my favorite tattoo/piercing.

tattoo.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Todd, go to Jade Dragon on Belmont. I got a tattoo last year there. The place is expensive but well worth it. My tattoo is still very dark, darker than most who I've seen who've had theirs for less time that were done at cheap shops.
If you want a quality tat that lasts a long time, Jade is the only place to go to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
The Aries tattoo I'm plannign is based off a Tod McFarlane action figure for his Zodiac Series. Now obviously it's going to have my own touch to it, but check it out!

zodiac_aries_photo_01_dp.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Yeah,

Don't get a tattoo that's on some tattoo flash website, it's so generic. Picking one off of the wall in a parlor is the same way, everyone has it. If you talk to your artist they can do what you want, that's what makes it special. Believe me, they laugh at you when you go in and pick something off of the wall.

OP
T

todd51

Wow, thanks for the advice guys!

That's a pretty cool action figure, punkr0x0r.

Yea, I guess I'll go in and see what they can draw up for me, a lot of stuff I have looked at on the web I don't even really like. Maybe they'll be able to help me think of what I exactly what.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
They will, just go in there with some ideas and let them do what they do best. If you dont like something, tell them and they will change it.

OP
T

todd51

Thanks for the tip on the tattoo shop, bryphotoguy, but right now I'm not in Illinois, I moved for the summer.

punkr0x0r, I really like the looks of that action figure, but I don't know if I would want to do a fully body design like that. I still like the simplicity of the symbol with a bit of color. That figure would be a very intricate design and I'm not wanting anything like that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.