Can't connect to iTunes store or Software Update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12"
Suddenly I can't connect to itunes music store. I can't download any podcasts. Nothing changed on my end and for some odd reason, I can't connect. I reset my keychain, I restarted the Mac, I even talked with my ISP, ha ha ha. They don't ever have a clue when it comes to Mac stuff. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Suddenly I can't connect to itunes music store. I can't download any podcasts ... I reset my keychain, I restarted the Mac

More information please.
1. The OS version you're using, ie. 10.4.?
2. The error message, if any, that you get when you try to connect
3. Your Console log showing the details you get when you try to connect.

Have you repaired permissions? You can use your original installation disk, or the system's Disk Utility, or a free third-party utility like Onyx or MainMenu.

I'm guessing that your ISP service person will have tried to guide you through the router reset process, including restoring factory settings (the 'pinhole round the back').

Next port of call will be your System Network Settings but will wait for you to repost - if necessary.

OP
BroCraig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12"
Ahhhhhh, I emailed the iTunes Music store and got this.
Dear Dan,

I understand that you cannot connect to the iTunes Store. I am sorry that you are receiving an error and your network connection was refused. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you. My name is Andrea and I would be happy to provide you with some information that should help.

If your Internet connection is working properly, but you are trying to connect to the Internet using a different network port configuration, use Network Diagnostics to investigate your network settings. Click "Assist me" in the Network pane of System Preferences, then click Diagnostics to open Network Diagnostics and follow the onscreen instructions. You can also check the Network pane of System Preferences for your network port settings.

I played with my location and it started working. Odd. Soooo Glad to have it back.

OP
BroCraig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12"
G3 beige won't boot all the way

Ok, I got this 3Com (old company that became US Robotics) pci modem from a pc. I put it in my Mac thinking it might work. Well, it doesn't. I pulled it out and restarted and it won't restart. I tries and gets almost all the way to the end and then freezes. I zapped the PRAM and even tried to boot from a bootable ZIP disk with system 9.1 on it and that did not work. I have booted form the ZIP disk before. I tied using the option key on restart and even tried command-option-shift-delete and that did nto work either. I really need to sue of this old G3 desktop. I has Pagemaker on it and my PowerBook can't print from Pagemaker in classic mode.

Anyone help me? The G3 is running 9.1 with 412 megs of RAM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.