Pop and then high pitch noise

Reaction score
Sometimes while I'm on my macbook pro it makes a little pop sound out of the speakers, then a high pitch sound comes out of the left side of the keyboard like the sound you here when a tv is on but not playing anything. It eventually goes away, but then it happens again. I just got the macbook last saturday. I read up on this but is this a little bit and it seems I'm not the only one... but is there any fix for this??? It is pretty annoying. It also doesn't seem to happen at all so far when the power cable isn't connected..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
not exactly the same problem you are having but could be a similar issue and worth checking. look at my post here and see if this might be related to your problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
I get a small pop occasionally too...

but it seems to go away when I turn the volume past 7 squares (and the sound isn't overpowering the pop, the pop happens before sound comes out)

OP
W
Reaction score
yeah that's how it is for me. Can it be fixed? Do you know if fix might be released?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
It also doesn't seem to happen at all so far when the power cable isn't connected..

is this the case when you plug it in everywhere or do you normally plug it in to the same place?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hahahaha

i meant into the same outlet or on the same circuit of outlets.

there are many things that can travel at a 60hz range within a given circuit in a home that can cause interference such as what i mentioned in my link above with the tv cable line.

this is a common problem with lots of homes and many devices but is most noticeable with speakers and some times video.

i was just trying to give some suggestions that might help you solve your problem.

i will just let you handle it then since you must know what your doing since you posted for help here.

OP
W
Reaction score
well the way you said it was kind of confusing . If you had said. Do you plug it in different places on the wall, or the same place all the time.

I do plug it in in different places.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so you plug it in at other places and it always makes this noise no matter where it is?

if this is the case and it doesnt happen when it is not plugged in then it would have to be something related to charging. is there any chance you could get your hands on another power cable to test if it is possibly related to a faulty power cable?

It eventually goes away, but then it happens again.

this makes me think that the noise happens when it is charging and stops when its full and so on. just guessing here but this could be possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.