My Windows Partition won't show up when running Bootcamp!

Reaction score
First off, please excuse me if I posted this in the wrong place. I believed this area was the best place for this type of thing.

Just recently, I purchased a Macbook Pro. I decided I wanted to have a little bit of Windows in it as well, so I ran Boot Camo. I created a Windows (XP) Partition (32 GB) and set my installation disk in the tray. To my dismay, however, as the Installation Application was running, only one Partition showed up, and it looked nothing like the one I should have had from the installation manual. I have removed the Partition and added it multiple times, but to no avail.

I understand I sound very vague, but I really don't know much about Partitions and all of that stuff (I'm pretty much a new Mac user myself), however, if anyone could give me some words of advice, please do.

Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Without seeing what you're seeing, it's difficult to determine what went wrong or what it is that you may be doing wrong. :(

You state you created a 32 Gb partition and when you ran the Windows installation it could not find a partition named "Boot Camp"? It instead only found one partition? What was that partition named?

If the Boot Camp partition was created successfully, it should show up in the Windows installer as "Boot Camp" along with several others - one of which contains your OS X installation. By highlighting the Boot Camp partition you can select it and complete the formatting process. After which the installation of Windows will continue.

Have you read the Boot Camp Assistant instruction file (it's in PDF) ?

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.