Permissions Problem After Install (Myst IV)

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I finally got around to installing Myst IV (yeah, I know, I'm a little behind-- I work too hard, or something ;-) ).

Anyhow, installation appeared to go smoothly, but on attempting to run the game I'm getting a permissions error:

18/06/08 12:45:42 PM com.apple.launchd[120] ([0x0-0x43043].com.ubisoft.myst4[387]) posix_spawnp("/Ubisoft/MystIV/myst4.app/myst4", ...): Permission denied

I've check the permissions set on the game file itself, as well as the surrounding folders (namely my HD, and Applications)-- everything has correct permissions. Just to check, I even upgraded permissions so that everyone had read/write access temporarily (I'm the sole user of this machine, so it's not a big concern for me). Is there somewhere else I should be looking? Is there an easier way to check aside from rifling through everything to figure out what it accesses (which confuses me anyway, because the permissions should be set-- I'm the admin user)?

I also removed and reinstalled, just in case, but that did not work either.

I'm running 10.5.3. Let me know if other information would be helpful...

TIA.

*Sniff* I finally get a day off, and I can't play... :(

OP
Z
Reaction score
W00t-- figured it out.

Went via Terminal and into the directory (I didn't realize that the game icon itself represented a directory in actual fact)-- I set the permissions using chmod and all is well! Not sure why they were set properly on install, but at least it works now.

Reaction score
Myst IV problem with Leopard OS

The install appears to run perfectly, but when I double-click to launch the icon briefly appears on the tray, then disappears and nothing else happens. Please help.

Reaction score
Problems with Myst 4 on Mac OSX 10.5.

The install appears to run perfectly, but when I double-click to launch the icon briefly appears on the tray, then disappears and nothing else happens. Please help.
I also would be very keen on resolving this problem as it occurs also to me. But nobody seems to bother anymore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.