Mail - Signatures when replying

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air OS X 10.7 1.7 Intel Core i5 4GB, MacMini mid-2011
When replying or fowarding emails Mail places the signature at the very bottom of the email, below the original (or string) of emails. I'm finding this annoying - can that be changed so it is instead at the bottom of the reply/forward email email I just typed? - that is above any of the previous emails in the thread.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
If you go to Mail> Preferences> Signatures there is a check box - "Place signature above quoted text".

Should do the trick... if not I'm stumped.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air OS X 10.7 1.7 Intel Core i5 4GB, MacMini mid-2011
Nice - thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 2.5duo 2gigram
just wondering if this will apply to entourage as well as the program adds it to the bottom. Only downfall is i cannot find the signatures tabs you discuss for mail...

anyone able to help??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Old post I know, but is there a way to only add a signature when composing and NOT when replying in Mail?

Reaction score
Old post I know, but is there a way to only add a signature when composing and NOT when replying in Mail?
Manually, yes, but not automated, AFAIK. If you set Mail, Preferences, Signature, Choose Signature, to NONE, you will have the option in the upper right corner of any new or reply mail to choose to include your signature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.