Turn off auto dimming?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody OS X SL
Is there a way to turn off the auto dimming feature on the Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
System Preferences --> Energy Saver. Click on Options and uncheck "Automatically reduce the brightness of the display before display sleep"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Or for the light sensor dimming feature - (where the display adjusts to the ambient light):

System Preferences --> Displays --> "Uncheck "Automatically change display brightness as ambient light changes""

Reaction score
i can't stop my MBP dimming - i don't have "options" listed in Energy Saver

Same place he showed you in the pic above, but select 'Options' and remove the check mark from 'Automatically reduce the brightness of the display before....."

I don't have "sleep" or "options" listed on my macbook pro - is this a fault? how do i go about resolving this to get the do you think...?

i hate the dimming and want it stopped :Evil:

Reaction score
System Preferences --> Energy Saver. Click on Options and uncheck "Automatically reduce the brightness of the display before display sleep"

I dont have "options" listed in energy Saver... just "battery"; "power adapter"; "restore defaults" and "schedule"....

Where else can I find? The dimming is really bugging me

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I dont have "options" listed in energy Saver... just "battery"; "power adapter"; ...

Click those until you find it.

Note: Merged Crossposts into one thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
So which MBP do u have and what OS is it running? More info helps in giving quality answers.

Reaction score
You go
System Preferences > Energy Saver
The drop down beside Optimization, click 'Custom'
It should automatically open 'Sleep' options. Just drag the slider to however you wish

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.