Zune on Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz 250GB/G4 iPod 20GB/iPod Touch 32GB/iPod Shuffle 1GB
Okay heres the deal, I have a Zune media Player that I use the most, i have my old 20 gig iPod that I use sometimes but its close to shot. My main problem is that I would like to be able to sync and manage on my macbook, but I don't have 200 bucks to spend on XP to run it. does anybody know of any way possible that i will be able to manage my Zune on my mac without XP running on it to? And before anyone asks why I even have a Zune it is because I got it long before I went mac but i don't have money to blow on a new iPod right now, which i really wish i did cause i could use a touch. But if anyone could help me, that would be great.

OP
bmxxx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay heres the deal, I have a Zune media Player that I use the most, i have my old 20 gig iPod that I use sometimes but its close to shot. My main problem is that I would like to be able to sync and manage on my macbook, but I don't have 200 bucks to spend on XP to run it. does anybody know of any way possible that i will be able to manage my Zune on my mac without XP running on it to? And before anyone asks why I even have a Zune it is because I got it long before I went mac but i don't have money to blow on a new iPod right now, which i really wish i did cause i could use a touch. But if anyone could help me, that would be great.

P.S. Please excuse the false prefix referring to the iPod, it will not let you post without one so i had to chose it. Thank you.

OP
bmxxx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I know that, but i was wondering if there was other way I could do it without XP on my mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
I have had a Zune from when they where first launched and have kept a close eye on this issue, but as yet there is no other way to do this. I run Parallels and XP just to talk to my Zune!

Reaction score

I've looked around myself and have not found any Mac native solution. I purchased Parallels and run XP. Save your money because it works flawlessly. I'm streaming music via Zuneplayer right now while I type this. Parallels even makes it look like a Mac App with the Genie effect and the whole nine yards.

Reaction score
So if I get Parallels do I also have to get XP to run the software? Or am I reading that wrong? I'm new to Mac and have no idea what the heck is going on as far as doing what I used to do before switching over.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.