There was an error joining airport....

Reaction score
Well, I been using my connection "05Z401589971" ever since last summer! I use it for everything, including my iPhone and Wii.
Well, today I update my MacBook and after i restarted it, I could no longer connect to the internet, it said there was am error joining airport network 05Z401589971. So I think it was that update, because while I was updating, I saw something that said AirPort Extreme or something like that.
But anyways, is there any way to fix this?
I tried turning off and on the router but it didn't work. I have Verizon DSL and my desktop mac still has internet since it connects through ethernet.

Reaction score
same problem

Hi, I'm having the same difficulty. I can get the airport to recognize my wireless router, but can't get any internet. Get the same "there was an error..." message. I'm almost certain its from that airport extreme update 2008002 have the same MacBook sounds like. Did you ever fix this? I know it's been awhile, hopefully you have. HELP!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.