sort iPhoto albums?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro
How can you sort the albums in iphoto? I am importing photos from my pc which are named by date. I am importing them one by one in date order and iphoto seems to want to put them in a random order. I can't seem to find a way to sort all the albums by date - or any way for that matter. any thoughts?:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz 250GB/G4 iPod 20GB/iPod Touch 32GB/iPod Shuffle 1GB
If you would like to create and album manually, you can press COMMAND+N, and the drop-down window will ask you for an album name. After the album is created then you can drag and drop photos into the album from the main folder. Also try experimenting with the smart albums and see if you can get those to work for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Are you talking about actual albums? Or do you really mean "rolls" or "events" (depending on which version of iPhoto you have). There is a difference. A roll or event can be sorted in various ways, look on your toolbar (not at the mac right now, so can't be more specific) for the options to sort. If you are talking about real albums (that you create yourself, not that are automatically created when you import), then you can just drag them to the location in the left sidebar where you want them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.