What do I have here ?

Reaction score
Hi, new guy here. My wife works in a doctors office, which uses Macs exclusively. They just bought new machines and she brought two older machines home. What exactly do I have here and how old are they.

One is a POwer Mac 4 ( machine name) Power Mac3,5 (machine model).Mac OS X, version 10.4.10 processor 733 MHz Power PC G.4.

The second is: I-Mac, Power mac 4.2, 800 MHz.

Thanks in advance PK

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I will look a the links . They both work great. Its just that I have only had PCs till now and these machines are new to me. I will also check the OS. Thanks again. PK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OS X.4.11 is as far as both these machines can go so if you can hook them up to your ethernet, download the latest update. To go to the latest OS, Leopard, you will need an 867MHz processor minimum.

Go to Apple's website and look for manuals, also www.lowendmac.com and www.xlr8yourmac.com are great sites.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.