Bag For College Student??

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Im going off to college soon and i've been looking for a good bag to carry my 13" macbook in addition to some books, my ipod, etc. While i was searching, i found the Incase Nylon Backpack http://store.apple.com/us/product/T.../notebook_cases&mco=Njg3MTI0&p=4&s=topSellers

if anyone has this bag and have any reviews or comments on it (good or bad) or know of any other bag that would be usable for my college life, any help would be great. Thanks!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Swiss Gear Synergy, a great bag, I got another one just shipped to me today, my last one was lost when i let a friend borrow it for the day. Buy.com is where i got it from for $50. 30$ cheaper than from apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz 250GB/G4 iPod 20GB/iPod Touch 32GB/iPod Shuffle 1GB
I have the Incase Nylon Backpack (not the slim one) and I must say it is AMAZING. The notebook compartment is very well protected and both the main and secondary big pockets are full of mesh pockets to keep all of your gadgets AND their accessories neat and organized. Thick padding on the shoulder and hip straps is really nice to. And it is very durable. I think it would be a great bag for your macbook AND your stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I got a Targus 15" laptop case. it works good for my standards, which is just basic travel.

Reaction score
i have a timbuk2 underground backpack i take to school. lots of space and it's pretty comfortable

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I just bought the incase nylon sleeve and put that in a normal backpack

Reaction score
I like the WaterField bags and cases. They are somewhat expensive, but extremely durable and extremely well made. Check it out.. their website is www.sfbags.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The fact of the matter is that pretty much any backpack you buy nowadays has a notebook compartment. Just find one that works for you and that will take good care of your notebook and you will be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The fact of the matter is that pretty much any backpack you buy nowadays has a notebook compartment. Just find one that works for you and that will take good care of your notebook and you will be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Samsung 19" Monitor, 250 GB WD My Book, 16 GB iPod Touch
Eh, I just bought a neoprene sleeve that was made for the MacBook, and I carry that around in a regular backpack that has a slot for a Notebook computer.

I think that you will find that to be your best option, as it doesn't completely scream "I have a laptop in me, so please steal me."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
Hello! I had that case for awhile. I wasn't a fan. If I remember correctly, I just found it to be a pain in the back. I switched back to the one I have been using for the past 3 years : http://www.ebags.com/ebags/downloader_laptop_backpack/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=15025

It's awesome and I've never had a single problem with it. It works fine with 13-15", so macbooks/Pros work fine. I'm not sure about the 17". I'm a college student as well and having a lightweight backpack really helps. My fiancee had a swiss army laptop backpack that just about made her fall backwards every step she took. Not fun! Good luck!

Trent out

Edit...sorry guys, I didn't realize I cursed...I don't think I did really. I used a very non-curse word...but you live and learn I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.4 GHz, 256 MB Video, 4 GB Ram, 250 Gig HD. 1TB Firewire E-HD, 22' HP Monitor.
Oakley makes awesome backpacks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.