Bluetooth File Exchange

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure where to put this post, so if it is in the wrong place feel free to tell me so. I have a Samsung E900 and i'm trying to transfer my photos from it to my Macbook. Unfortunately, it just says connecting FOREVER (sorry, I get angry) and won't connect. I have paired the two devices, turned on bluetooth file sharing in security. I can access the phone from my computer, but the photos (which are JPEGS do no appear in my file transfer box. Some MP3's do but nothing else. In a nutshell computer to phone connects, phone to computer does not. Any ideas, thanks! xx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
did you make the devices "discoverable"?

OP
dougle_2k
Reaction score
Yes, both devices are on discoverable. It's just really strange how I can send files from the computer to the phone, but no vice versa. I used to be able to do this fine on my iBook G4....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
What are the settings options on your phone for bluetooth?

OP
dougle_2k
Reaction score
i'll write down what each section is and how it is marked:

Activation:eek:n
My devices:My computers name is on there (authorised device)
My Phone's Visibilty: on
My phones name: pija
secure mode: off
thats it, what do you think I can do to get this working?

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.