PowerBook G4 ...beeps!!

Reaction score
3+yo PowerBook G4, 1.5GHz PowerPC G4
I am using this as a backup while MBPro is 'in the shop".... in the last week, with no apparent reason/cause, there is a random and loud BEEP sound. I never experienced the sound before....and wonder what it is. Everything about the unit works fine.
Ideas? thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Low battery warning?

OP
J
Reaction score
no. battery is 99%....thanks for suggstion.
I have since read that there are various BEEPs for RAM memory issues, but they also don't apply. since my computer is being shipped to Depot, second time in 8 days, I have this one as a backup....just would like it not to crash on me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sawtooth G4 and PB G4 w/FW800
My powerbook G4 has done it periodically over the last year. I've never found a solution. All I know is that it's a hardware level "beep," happening even when the system is muted.

unlike the macrumors posting, my beep happens when I'm on battery with nothing attached.

It was doing it a lot shortly before my first hard drive failed. Still does it periodically with a new hard drive (different brand).

My beeps have no sequence to them.

Scott

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.