Make a meeting poster using Keynote

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Intel Core i7
Hi there,

I'm new on this forum.
I'm trying to use Keynote (v 3.0.2) instead of PowerPoint to make a poster for a scientific meeting. The problem I have is that, contrary to .ppt, I can't get a sufficiently high resolution :\ . I can't set a slide size higher than 4000 pixels. My poster should be 90cm wide in 300dpi, meaning more than 10.000 pixels.
Did anybody tried to print a large poster using Keynote??

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You are trying to do hi-resolution artwork using presentation software

For a poster printed on an inkjet printer 200 dpi should be OK, 300 dpi is more for litho professional printing.

You can import hires photos in to keynote and they will stay hires, the pixel width of keynote is irrelevent, its the resolution of the imported pics that matter.

If you really need to create artwork, then a dtp package like www.scribus.net/ would be better, if you are in a hurry, just do it in keynote, using the best images you have and save as PDF, then tell the print shop how large you want the print-out, any text in the exported PDF will print out sharp anyway

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Intel Core i7
Thanks for your answer and the link.
I agree that Keynote is a presentation software, but as is PowerPoint, and .ppt does not have this slide size/resolution limitation.
The other problem with Keynote (or the general Mac pdf creator) is that it doesn't allow to choose the compression level and size of the pdf file created, even if the .key is 2Mo, the .pdf is only 400Ko.
I also tried to set the resolution to an equivallent of 200dpi, but I would still need 7000pixels (4000 max allowed)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.