Mac Book to HDTV

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I just bougt a macbook and I decided to buy the appropriate cables so I could hook it up to my hdtv. so i bought the mini dvi to dvi converter, and the dvi to hdmi cable to plug in to the tv. so I go and hook it up to the tv, and it shows nothing but my wallpaper of my mac desktop. doesnt show icons, windows anything! what should I do?? please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hi Everyone. I just bougt a macbook and I decided to buy the appropriate cables so I could hook it up to my hdtv. so i bought the mini dvi to dvi converter, and the dvi to hdmi cable to plug in to the tv. so I go and hook it up to the tv, and it shows nothing but my wallpaper of my mac desktop. doesnt show icons, windows anything! what should I do?? please help!

Try dragging a window over to it. :)
If you see your wallpaper then it is working just fine. You have extended your desktop to include another display.
If you want to mirror the display, then you need to change that setting in your System Preferences under Displays.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.