Out of warranty battery replacement programme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
I have a 5G iPod and it's been out of warranty for a long time. Is it true that if you send it in for out of warranty battery replacement programme, they'll replace your iPod instead of changing the battery? Can anyone give a really sure answer to this? And also, as my iPod is rather faulty(hanging issues), in addition to the poor battery problem and a dent on the back of the iPod since long ago(which they refused repairing my iPod under warranty because of the dent), I'm hoping that they do not find it out and deny me of the replacement. Does anyone know whether they check the iPod for issues, or do they merely replace one for you when I send it in for the battery replacement. Many thanks. I've no choice but to try and attempt this since I've no money to pay for a new one or to pay for the repair cost.

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I doubt they're going to replace your whole iPod when you send it in to have the battery changed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just your standard 13-inch White Macbook named Bartholomew. My iPod died. D:
My fiance had a 15GB 3rd generation iPod that wouldn't hold a charge for more than a few minutes. I wanted an iPod, so instead of shopping for a new one, I looked into the battery replacement program that Apple has. Even though the iPod was out of the warranty, I scheduled a Genius Bar appointment, and they gave me the option of replacing just the iPod for about seventy dollars (No headphones, no dock, etc.), or to buy one of the iPods in store with a ten percent discount. I opted for replacing the one we had, and I received a new, 3rd generation iPod that works fantastically about two weeks afterwards.

I'm pretty sure that if you look up the battery replacement program on the Apple website and punch in the serial number, the website will tell you that your iPod is out of warranty, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to replace your iPod with the same make and model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.