Mail, i don't want it

Reaction score
Hello
I recently got my first macbook. In my excitement I set up my mail account, but now I've decided it would be easier to leave my mail as it is - online. How can I get rid of the mac mail account thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Go to Mail> Preferences> Accounts. Select the one you want to be rid of and hit the '-' button at the bottom left.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
You can remove your account through Preferences (just click on Accounts, and then the little "-" at the bottom of the list). As for removing all your saved messages, I don't know if there's an easier way than killing everything manually, or if Mail will do it automatically, nor do I want to test it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
You can remove your account through Preferences (just click on Accounts, and then the little "-" at the bottom of the list). As for removing all your saved messages, I don't know if there's an easier way than killing everything manually, or if Mail will do it automatically, nor do I want to test it!
To clarify this:

Levi means to Preferences in Mail, not system preferences...

Just wanted to say that so you don't go and delete your user account ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Good catch. skaheadpunk beat me to it anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.