Own a Mini, want to add something external to it !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Hey folks, got me a Mini, specs of which are over there <------

Question is, has anyone got brave enough to take the MacBook Air's optional Superdrive and attach it to a Mini ? If anyone has I'd be pleased to know the outcome as I want to get a burner for the Mini however the MBA's optional drive would look good on the Mini (and easier to install than a new internal drive)

So as I said, if anyone has tried this or has a Mini and drive to try it with, let me know if it works ok !

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Everything I have seen or read says the Macbook Air's external DVD drive only will work on the Air. People have tried it on other Macs and nothing. Do a google search and I think you will see what I mean.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
like dtravis7 said, it only works on the MBAs. I think if you got the external SuperDrive for your Mini you'd be quite disappointed...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.