Me.com Worth It?

Reaction score
Please discuss features and for whom/why the me.com service would be useful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Seeing as how it's not yet available, I would have to say wait till people get a chance to use it before asking whether or not it's worth it.

If you want to see a feature list, just go to me.com and read all about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
50 or 60 bucks (~5 bucks a month) and I would do it. 100 dollars seems a bit much unless your a heavy power user with a ton of devices you need instantly synced all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I think it's worth it.

the end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
$100 a month when gmail is free, not worth it to me. The rest of the features don't do anything for me, I have other software to take care of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
50 or 60 bucks (~5 bucks a month) and I would do it. 100 dollars seems a bit much unless your a heavy power user with a ton of devices you need instantly synced all the time.

thats a good answer.

and Kash brought up a good point :|

Reaction score
After looking at their guided tour, their online mail/calendar and photo management blow Google out of the water.
I have an iPhone, a Mac at home, and a PC at work. And it'll be cool to be able to keep my contacts/mail and photos (not that important) all synced up.
But you get a 60 day trail. I say, give it a try and see if you like it.

Reaction score
$100 a month when gmail is free, not worth it to me. The rest of the features don't do anything for me, I have other software to take care of it.

I believe the .me is $99 per year, not per month.
Plans and Rates

Individual
One-year subscription
$99
An individual membership comes with 20GB of combined email and file storage, 200GB of monthly data transfer, and full access to everything MobileMe has to offer.

Family Pack
One-year subscription
$149
The Family Pack includes one individual account plus four Family Member accounts, each with its own email address, 5GB of combined email and file storage, and 50GB of monthly data transfer.
Extras
Get more storage for file sharing, mail, web publishing, and more.

+20GB storage
$49

+40GB storage
$99

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I think I'll be getting it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Considering the amount of online storage/bandwidth you get, it's cheaper than a lot of web hosting companies if you only want to host a small personal website, and you get all the other features too.

If you already have a cheaper host/you want more controll/you aren't interested in having a website, then it's only really worth it if you have/use more than 1 computer. If you only have 1 Mac, then all you're paying for is to be able to access your contacts/mail/calendars/files online, and Google (and many others) will give you those services free.

Reaction score
I decided that now with all the iPhone features that will be added, it FINALLY is time to subscribe. I did this last week so that I can still keep my .mac email address next month. I never subbed before because I wanted there to be more iPhone support built in other than email and upload to gallery.

I have already started using the sync feature so that all my Macs keep the same contacts, bookmarks and prefs. $99 for the year isn't expensive at all.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if our current .mac addresses stay the same or do they all change to me.com? I hope they don't change because I like the current one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Does anyone know if our current .mac addresses stay the same or do they all change to me.com? I hope they don't change because I like the current one.

I am pretty sure you can keep your .mac one or get a new .me one. I will be keeping my .mac one!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess it would be worth it if you had an iphone and mac computer. They should include a year (or 6 months or something long enough to get hooked on it) free with any iphone/laptop/desktop/whatever, purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz C2D
I guess it would be worth it if you had an iphone and mac computer. They should include a year (or 6 months or something long enough to get hooked on it) free with any iphone/laptop/desktop/whatever, purchase.

Well, it's not free, but you do get $30 off the first year if you buy a new Mac.

I've considered it before, but I think I may go for it when it's released. At least give the 60-day free trial a shot and see if I like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I believe the .me is $99 per year, not per month.
Plans and Rates

Individual
One-year subscription
$99
An individual membership comes with 20GB of combined email and file storage, 200GB of monthly data transfer, and full access to everything MobileMe has to offer.

Family Pack
One-year subscription
$149
The Family Pack includes one individual account plus four Family Member accounts, each with its own email address, 5GB of combined email and file storage, and 50GB of monthly data transfer.
Extras
Get more storage for file sharing, mail, web publishing, and more.

+20GB storage
$49

+40GB storage
$99

haha right, $100 a year, I dont know why I put month. Thanks! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
This question has been asked before, for .mac service. The answer is if you need all the features, go for it. I been paying for .mac services, and I used them all. I am sure I will continue to use the services especially since I have two macs and a iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Between April 22, 2008, and July 21, 2008, buy any Mac and save $30 on a one-year MobileMe subscription. Pre-order MobileMe today for delivery in July.

-Hmm, I might consider it now, because I'll be getting a free ipod touch as well, I would use the Push Email to sync between iPod touch, Macbook pro, and PC side of MBP. 70 bucks a year is still high for something like that but well see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.