OSX Panther boot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
It takes an inordinate amount of time to boot up the system. I have no programs that are set to run on startup. It just takes at least three minutes until my desktop is fully loaded. What could be done to remedy this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
again, its fonts. you have so many fonts, 6,000 I think you said, and os x has to load each and every font every time your mac starts up, apps will open and run slower cause of this well. I have close to 20,000 fonts at current, and it takes my 450mhz mac about 20 seconds to start up fully, cause I use suitcase, and only leave the required 10 or so system fonts active at all times.
pretend youre a chef, and every time you wanna bake a cake, you have to crack 6,000 eggs, whether youll use them all or not, before you start, thats what os x is doing when it starts up and opens apps, and I know theres no way you use all those fonts every time you have your mac on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.