Disc Question

Reaction score
I want to reformat and reinstall Leopard, but my Macbook Pro came with Tiger discs, and I upgraded.

Can I, now, use the brand new Leopard discs that came with my Mom's new iMac for the purposes of reinstalling my OS (they say iMac specifically on them), or must I reinstall with my Tiger discs and then upgrade again?

Thanks very much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
THose restore disks will only work on the model of iMac your mum has, they will not work on yours

Yep, you will have to install tiger - then run the upgarde again (make sure you update to the latest version of Leopard as well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have to ask, why are you going to reformat and reinstall? There is almost never a need to do this with OSX.

OP
P
Reaction score
Well, no matter what I do, I cannot partition my hard drive off for a Windows partition. It fails every time ("some files could not be copied..."). I assume my HD is too fragmented to accomplish this task, but I don't want to buy iDefrag. A Mac genius told me that this was essentially defragging. If anyone has an alternative, I just really need to partition my drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.