Should I Buy An Ipod Touch?

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I owned a second gen. ipod nano for a couple years until it recently broke. Im leaving for college soon and i want to get a new ipod before i go. I've been trying to decide which ipod to get, and i just wanted other people's opinions on the ipod touch--which is the ipod im really looking at. I like it because it has all of the extra applications that i can sync with my macbook, in addition to listening to my music. So, i just wanted to know from all you ipod touch owners, is a good choice? should i go with the classic? or should i wait for a possible upgrade? any help is great. thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
well it all depends on what you are truly looking for.

If your looking for something to hold a large amount of music go with the classic.

If your looking for a iPod with a lot of features and internet capabilities, mail, and so on.

If I were you I go with the classic, I just got a touch and hacked it :O and that about the only reason why I got it oh yeah and I got it for free.

Reaction score
Since you're a Mac owner that will be living on a college campus where wireless access is abundant, I'd for the Touch. It's only a little more and you'll probably get a lot more enjoyment and functionality out of it in the long run than you would a Classic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
In a month, the iPhone will be cheaper than a touch...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz 250GB/G4 iPod 20GB/iPod Touch 32GB/iPod Shuffle 1GB
In my opinion the touch is a great device and has a very wide range of capabilities. The classic will be good for you if you are looking at lots of data (music, movies, etc...) but if you won't have that much music or movies then the touch will offer you a much broader experience. Also user interface is always a pleasure to deal with and one thing I've noticed on the new classics is that it seems too be a little more bumpy to get around. The touch is more expensive, at $299, $399, and $499 for 8,16, and 32 GB, respectively. The touches are flash memory which will be more durable to the drops and jaunts of everyday life, so if you will be running to those classes a lot =P then the touch will do better. Plus its just friggen cool man!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
In a month, the iPhone will be cheaper than a touch...

until the phone bill comes. =P

I understand that was highly unsophisticated

anyways. Go for Touch. it has wi-fi, and soon, the App Store!

Reaction score
I always thought the price of the iPod Touch was outrageous with the amount of storage.... but then I played with one and saw all of the extra functions that were available. You see my sig!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
If you do go for the touch, wait until the 2.0 update comes out. If you buy it before, you'll have to pay $9.95 for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.