Itunes Store-only for people that live in a country with at least 25 nukes???

P

pcrap

:mad: what is happening with ITUNES...........

Comp- ahhhhh, sorry, no, you can't use iTunes music store if you don't live in the 'mother land'.......ahhhh
Me- i hate you
Comp- click here and you can browse a music store.......ahhhhhh
Me-(click there)
Comp-ahhhhh.........(nothing)........ahhhhhhh..........(nothing)........ahhhhhh....I'm a computer.........ahhhhhhhhh........

------

In short, why is this happening, I want to go listen to some 30 second samples of "Air Supply", but Steve Jobs wont let me.
Someone help me before I switch to PC and never come back, I swear to Hey Zeus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
where do you live? itunes music store usually lets you at least listen, but I guess it depends on your country. I know that the UK recently got ITMS.

OP
P

pcrap

i live in Canada, so i could see us getting it in and around the next 2 to 300 years

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just recently saw that ITMS was coming soon for canada? Im 99% sure thats what it said, Ill have to look it up.

OP
C

Cloudane

Even though our country is tiny in relation to the USA or Canada, us Brits like to be noisy and high profile on the 'net... perhaps that's why we managed to get ITMS quicker. You Canadians should do the same :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Oh, and by the way, most european countries don't have 25 nukes, including Luxemburg, where the eurpean iTMS is based...
So that definitely isn't a criteria to get iTMS. :cool:

It took quite a while before the iTMS came to Europe, and this mainly due to negociations with the music industry. I guess it's the same problem for Canada...

so, just be patient... :headphone

OP
I

i love macs

feel sorry for. arg im from new zealand! dont expect it here for quite sum time. how sad :-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
actually, a way that Ive found useful, if you find a friend in the US that you TRUST, such as myself,(not saying to use me), they can register a new ITMS account with your info, name, credit card, and such, then they purchase music using their mac, signed in with the account you used, or they buy music for you, and send it to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
You can use any ITMS from any country. All you need to "purchase" music is a valid credit card which has its billing address in a country in which ITMS has a store.

OP
N

Nightblade

Cloudane, your country is definitely not smaller than Canada. Well, in terms of area, yeah, much much smaller, but few people look at area. Military-wise, Britain is MUCH more powerful than Canada, and its economy seems to be stronger too. It also possesses 200 nuclear weapons. And its population is nearly twice that of Canada's. So, unless you're talking about area (which is pointless in a discussion about the countries where the iTunes Music Store gets featured), I really don't think your country is smaller than mine....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Ok stop complaining. ITMS canada is up and running. Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.