Which iPod should I go for?

Reaction score
Ok, I have eventually decided to buy an ipod but I have no idea which one to get. I don't want anything too big like the 80 or 160 GB. About 8GB will do me fine.
I will really only need it for music. Which ipod has the best sound? Or are they all the same? Does this iPod would be good enough for me? Please explain.
Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
The 8GB iPod nano is just fine for your needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Yeah if you only need 8Gb of memory then go with a nano of up to a iPod touch and get a little features.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
The sound quality is going to depend more on how your music is encoded and what headphones you use rather than which iPod you buy. I believe there are subtle differences, but unless you're playing lossless files, through $800 headphones, and have excellent hearing, I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference.

If you just want a music player, then I'd go for the nano. The touch is a great device if want video/photo playback, and are surrounded by open wi-fi networks, but otherwise, I don't think the added size/cost really justifies the nicer UI.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Like others say, the Nano should fit your needs just right. The classic just has a bigger screen, but a lot larger. And the Touch has the Wi-Fi capabilities, along with the new upcoming App Store to get games and other useful applications.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig
i was looking for something with around 8 gig but i went for the classic and i highly recommend it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I still have my 5th Gen video, 2 1/2 year old iPod, still works great! im due for a new one, but im working on getting an iPod Touch =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
And the Touch has the Wi-Fi capabilities, along with the new upcoming App Store to get games and other useful applications.

I forgot all about the app store for a minute there. Definitely a huge advantage of the touch if you want games etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I forgot all about the app store for a minute there. Definitely a huge advantage of the touch if you want games etc.

yeah, but the Update 2.0 is $9.95 for Touch users. And now im starting to wonder if that update will be included in newer shipped Touches after the Update is out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Well I believe apple will defiantly ship the newer touches with app store on it, Just like the they did when the iPhone apps became available for the iPod. And lets not forget that the apps are going to cost us :( $10 dollars for a game is a little much if you ask me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.