Parallel pros and cons?

Reaction score
What are the pros and cons of it? I have installed bootcamp on my macbook but it's just annoying when I can't use an app on Mac, I need to reboot to XP. It's so inconvenient. Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
You can keep using your bootcamp partition for speed, but install parralell's or VMWare Fusion as well. Both Paralell's and VMWare can use your Bootcamp partition.

So if you want to restart your computer for full speed you can use bootcamp.

Or if you want to switch files between Mac OS and Windows, or use simple programs, you can virtually run windows.

Reaction score
You can try them both for free. Here is a link to Fusion and Parallels.

Just make sure you read the install directions. I don't think they will mess anything up, but they need to be installed correctly. Also, don't try to run your Windows partition using both at the same time.

I use Fusion and it does most everything I ask of it. The only time I boot into Windows natively is if I want to play a demanding game.

Reaction score
I have used Paralles and VMware both... in Paralles i had mouse pointer problem of the cursor being stuck sometimes ... VMware works great.. . I recommend VMware ( Intel based Mac)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
umm...just out of curiosity...what apps are you running on windows anyhow?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.