Will XBOX live work on Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I need you to elaborate further, what do you mean will XBOX Live work on a Mac? XBOX Live is the internet Network in which 360 and Windows owners use to play games through. What on your Mac do you want to be doing with XBOX Live?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
can windows users access xbox live?

if so, you should be able to if you're running boot camp to play your games...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
can windows users access xbox live?

if so, you should be able to if you're running boot camp to play your games...

no. the only relevance Xbox Live and Windows has is (well, the same company duh, but..) is the Windows Live ID. it's like a universal account for different windows things, like MSN Messenger, hotmail, and gamercards. PGR4 lets you use your Windows Live ID to sign in to your racer profile, and view the 5 most recent pictures you took, your status with other people, favorite vehicle you use, etc. It just connects your Xbox Live profile with things, or your hotmail account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I know I was able to set up my X-Box Live account via my Mac with no issues. Other than that I only access it from my 360.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.5 MBP 2.16Ghz 2Gig Ram
I use my macbook pro with internet sharing to connect my xbox to Live, but i doubt thats what you are asking for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
No, an Xbox uses Xbox Live. A Mac does not.

However, since you don't need a computer to use Xbox Live, as long as you have an internet connection everything should be fine :)

Also worth noting - you can do the whole media thing (playing movies and music from your computer on your Xbox) with Connect360 on a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.